Friday, April 15, 2016

Vacation from your vacation

It's been a year since I had real summer. It really messes with my mind because it doesn't seem so obvious. It's not like it's been real Winter for a year, it's just hasn't been summer. No leaves on the trees, dark at 6  and no smell of fresh grass. But I just got a taste in Crete, thank goodness and do I feel refreshed.
You forget sometimes how nice it is to not wear 7 layers of clothes at night, to not wear socks in your sneakers. It felt great, like luxury. Flowers and bees on my! Somehow hot weather just feels so easy. Like, you don't to worry about getting rained on or being warm enough or if there's a small hole in your shoe. Todo bien, everything is good. It's made me realize how much I enjoy real seasons. I need the cold winter with sparkling snow and the bright brilliant summer with sunsets at 10 pm. I couldn't live in a place that didn't change every month. You don't appreciate the sun when it's there every day, beating down on your face. The thunder storms are just as great as the perfect sunny weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment